Cardiff Metropolitan University MetHub - Terms and Conditions of Use
The services and content provided to you free of charge via https://methub.cardiffmet.ac.uk/Employers/ are owned, maintained and provided to you by the Cardiff Metropolitan University (“us”, “we”, or “the University”) whose registered address is the Llandaff Campus, Western Avenue, Cardiff, CF5 2YB, United Kingdom.
By proceeding with registration to use the Cardiff Metropolitan University MetHub available through this address, including accessing or utilising any of the services or content provided therein you hereby agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). If you do not accept the Terms, please do not use or access MetHub. Your use of MetHub is at all times governed by the Terms as set out below, which should be read in conjunction with:
- any details provided within the site in regards to its operation; and
- any terms relating specifically to the services or content available via MetHub as detailed herein.
- We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms at any time, and therefore in continuing use of MetHub and any content or service therein following any such change, you shall be deemed to be granting your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility at all times to check the Terms regularly to ensure you are updated of any such change. We reserve the right at all times to terminate your access to any or all of the services within MetHub at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms.
- With the exception of where Opportunities (as described in Clause 2 hereto) displayed on MetHub specifically state otherwise, MetHub and its contents (including without limitation MetHub design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with MetHub and its services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing MetHub you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use, or in accordance with any stated Commercial Commons Licence or other written permission. Except for your downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of MetHub for your personal, non-commercial home use, in the absence of any applicable Commercial Commons Licence or other written permission granted in advance, none of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed.
- No warranties or representations of any kind expressed or implied are given by the University (and if any such warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law) in connection with MetHub or its content or services including the completeness or accuracy of any of its contents (in particular but without limiting the foregoing any listed information).
- The University, its representatives, employees, officers and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damages or expenses of any kind including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property or claims by third parties howsoever arising (save for death or injury caused by the University's negligence or that of its representatives, employees, officers and agents) in connection with the copying or use of any information or material contained in or referred to on MetHub or otherwise from the use of MetHub.
- The University is not responsible for the content of external Services that link to MetHub or which are linked from MetHub.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw MetHub at any time and without prior warning. The University will endeavor to advise users of MetHub in advance of any such withdrawal, whether such withdrawal, but is under no obligation to do so.
- Parents allowing their children access to and use of MetHub and any services therein should supervise such access and use. It is your responsibility to determine which content or services are appropriate for your child.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to prohibit any link from another Internet site or equivalent entity to materials or information on MetHub. Without prejudice to that, any link to material or information on MetHub must be neither misleading nor deceptive.
- Cardiff Metropolitan, Cardiff Metropolitan University, the Cardiff Metropolitan University logo, are all trade marks of the University and therefore the same may not be reproduced without our prior written consent. Other organisation and company names referred to on MetHub are the trademarks of their respective owners as indicated.
Advertising a Job Opportunity via MetHub
- MetHub contains pages where advertisements for job opportunities can be posted, uploaded, linked to and/or otherwise submitted to MetHub through the services available through MetHub (collectively referred to as "Opportunities"). This facility is provided free of charge for your use and only for the purposes of the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information.
- Viewing and Using Opportunities: You hereby confirm your understanding and acknowledge:
- Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content or communications, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any form of Opportunity, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any MetHub Content or Opportunity posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on MetHub, or its services;
- We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Advertisement or endorse any opinions that may be expressed therein, and therefore you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against us with respect thereto;
- Any reliance on Opportunities will be at your own risk;
- Although for the purposes of some features of MetHub, Opportunities are screened and reviewed by us prior it being displayed on MetHub, you acknowledge and agree that we do not have any obligation to review such content and you understand that certain Opportunities may be permitted to be added to MetHub without any prior review by us; and
- In the event you believe any Opportunity has infringed or violated your rights, including by defaming you or infringing your copyright, or is in breach of these Terms, please report this to us immediately using the ‘Report Item’ feature located alongside uploaded, or alternatively by emailing email@example.com describing the nature of your complaint. We shall endeavour to promptly remove any Opportunity reported to us where we agree, based on our sole judgement, that such Opportunity has been added in breach of the Terms; however we cannot guarantee to do so.
- In the event that you wish to use or reproduce any Opportunity or other material taken from MetHub, you agree to do so only strictly with advance written permission from the copyright holder.
- Adding Opportunity: Should you wish to add any Opportunity to MetHub personally, or on behalf of any third party or Company, as the originator, you hereby agree to the following:
- You are solely responsible for all Opportunities that you post, upload, link to and/or otherwise submit to MetHub through any services or any applications that may be available through MetHub, whether it is publicly posted or privately transmitted.
- Although for the purposes of some features of MetHub, Opportunity is screened and reviewed by us prior it being displayed on MetHub, you acknowledge and agree that we do not have any obligation to review such content and you understand that certain Opportunity is permitted to be added to MetHub without any prior review by us.
- We reserve the right at all times (but will not have any obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Opportunity for any reason, particularly where such Opportunity violates the Terms. An opportunity may be removed if the opportunity:
- Does not comply with UK National Minimum Wage or other employment and equality legislation, if based in the UK. Work placements organised in collaboration with any of the University’s academic schools may not be subject to this.
- Requires the applicant to make up-front financial investment or payment (including ‘finders fees’)
- In addition, we reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect our rights, property or safety, and that of our users and the public. We will not in any way be responsible or liable for exercising or choosing not to exercise this right.
- We do not claim or assert ownership or control over Opportunity and you will at all times retain any and all trademarks or copyright to any Opportunity that you submit, post or display on or through MetHub, and therefore you will remain responsible for protecting such rights.
- By submitting an Opportunity to MetHub you confirm that either you are over the age of sixteen (16) years.
- By submitting any such content to MetHub, you thereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use such Opportunity (or any part of it, and as that we may edit or otherwise modify such content at our discretion)for any purpose. You consent to such uses in any medium now known or developed in the future, including photographs, video, slide shows, Internet images or other mediums, means of storage or distribution.
- You hereby indemnify the University, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to MetHub, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from the Careers Service or otherwise from your breach of the Terms.
- You hereby warrant to the University that any such content:-
- does not: feature any image(s) of any individual(s) or third parties from whom all necessary permissions the use such images in such way have not been properly obtained in advance in writing; or copy or feature the Intellectual Property of any individual(s) or third parties from whom all necessary licences or permissions to use such Intellectual Property in such way have not been properly obtained in advance in writing;
- does not copy or feature the Intellectual Property of any individual(s) or third party from whom a licence or other permission have not been obtained in advance unless you have made all reasonable enquiries and established with certainty that copyright to such content has expired prior to the date such content is added to MetHub;
- is in no way defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful to children, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate;
- does not contravene in any way UK Employment Legislation or any part of the UK Employment Act(s) as written in Law;
- has not been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential;
- is honest and fair, should not make any unsubstantiated or unsupportable claims, and should not make dishonest or unreasonable comparisons with other Advertisers;
- Ads must be made using the English or Welsh language(s). does not compromise or invade the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child);
- does not encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful;
- where the property of a third party, is submitted with the prior written consent of the owner of the same;
- is not likely to give rise to any third party claims;
- contains no links taking users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Terms;
- contains no advertisement nor makes commercial solicitations;
- does not authorise, enable or encourage the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of MetHub or servers or networks connected to MetHub.
- In order to access certain services on MetHub, you are required to open an online account. To do so, you will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with such services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities which take place under the details of such an account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will we be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
- We strongly advise that you always use caution when revealing personally identifiable information about yourself or your children via any of the services on MetHub.
Data Protection and Privacy
- Where you provide us with any personal information from which we can identify you as a living individual (whether by taking that information by itself or when using it in conjunction with other information which we hold or are likely to hold) we shall process such information only in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We will not collect any personal information about you, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you, for example when you register as a user of MetHub or request information or provide us with feedback on MetHub. We do not sell or share any information about you as an individual user of this Service unless you agree to us doing so.
- Nothing in the Terms is intended to confer or purports to confer on any third party any right to enforce any provision of these Terms.
- Should any provision or provisions of the Terms be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such term shall be severed and the remaining terms shall survive and continue in full force and effect and remain binding and enforceable.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the British courts. Where you use MetHub outside of the United Kingdom you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.