Terms and conditions for advertising opportunities
This policy is an excerpt from our MetHub Terms and Conditions (37 KB, .docx) , sections 2.c and 2.d, relating specifically to advertising opportunities with Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Adding Opportunity: Should you wish to add any Opportunity to MetHub personally, or on behalf of any third party or Company, as the originator, you hereby agree to the following:
- You are solely responsible for all Opportunities that you post, upload, link to and/or otherwise submit to MetHub through any services or any applications that may be available through MetHub, whether it is publicly posted or privately transmitted.
- Although for the purposes of some features of MetHub, Opportunity is screened and reviewed by us prior it being displayed on MetHub, you acknowledge and agree that we do not have any obligation to review such content and you understand that certain Opportunity is permitted to be added to MetHub without any prior review by us.
- We reserve the right at all times (but will not have any obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Opportunity for any reason, particularly where such Opportunity violates the Terms. An opportunity may be removed if the opportunity:
- Does not comply with UK National Minimum Wage or other employment and equality legislation, if based in the UK. Work placements organised in collaboration with any of the University’s academic schools may not be subject to this.
- Requires the applicant to make up-front financial investment or payment (including ‘finders fees’)
- In addition, we reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect our rights, property or safety, and that of our users and the public. We will not in any way be responsible or liable for exercising or choosing not to exercise this right.
- We do not claim or assert ownership or control over Opportunity and you will at all times retain any and all trademarks or copyright to any Opportunity that you submit, post or display on or through MetHub, and therefore you will remain responsible for protecting such rights.
- By submitting an Opportunity to MetHub you confirm that either you are over the age of sixteen (16) years.
- By submitting any such content to MetHub, you thereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use such Opportunity (or any part of it, and as that we may edit or otherwise modify such content at our discretion)for any purpose. You consent to such uses in any medium now known or developed in the future, including photographs, video, slide shows, Internet images or other mediums, means of storage or distribution.
- You hereby indemnify the University, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to MetHub, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from the Careers Service or otherwise from your breach of the Terms.
- You hereby warrant to the University that any such content:-
- does not: feature any image(s) of any individual(s) or third parties from whom all necessary permissions the use such images in such way have not been properly obtained in advance in writing; or copy or feature the Intellectual Property of any individual(s) or third parties from whom all necessary licences or permissions to use such Intellectual Property in such way have not been properly obtained in advance in writing;
- does not copy or feature the Intellectual Property of any individual(s) or third party from whom a licence or other permission have not been obtained in advance unless you have made all reasonable enquiries and established with certainty that copyright to such content has expired prior to the date such content is added to MetHub;
- is in no way defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful to children, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate;
- does not contravene in any way UK Employment Legislation or any part of the UK Employment Act(s) as written in Law;
- has not been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential;
- is honest and fair, should not make any unsubstantiated or unsupportable claims, and should not make dishonest or unreasonable comparisons with other Advertisers;
- Ads must be made using the English or Welsh language(s). does not compromise or invade the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child);
- does not encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful;
- where the property of a third party, is submitted with the prior written consent of the owner of the same;
- is not likely to give rise to any third party claims;
- contains no links taking users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Terms;
- contains no advertisement nor makes commercial solicitations;
- does not authorise, enable or encourage the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of MetHub or servers or networks connected to MetHub.
In order to access certain services on MetHub, you are required to open an online account. To do so, you will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with such services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities which take place under the details of such an account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will we be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.